Talk about whatever you want!
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Your Local Ghost/Mystical creatures/stories

Post by Storm Wing » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:29 am

Hahaha... Oh wow ^^; Didn't think there's a LOT of mysterious phenomenon out thar... Thanx a million for your participation, guys ^_^
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:44 pm

ive recently heard a nother story!! this girl was getting an illegal abortion in her basement and the doc was not a real doctor and her messed up and almost killed her so he and her friend dug a hole and burried her alive!!! she haunts that house and is abused by the evil ghost butler who died almost a century before her in that house and thinks all men are superior. i forgot the name or were i heard it (theres alot more to it but i dont think people are interested enough to here the rest)

Drango
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Drango » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:25 am

I know there are loads around the UK, but I cant remember many of them off the top of my head... At the moment, the only ones that comes to mind is these two, the first of which apparently even got made into a song here:

The man was driving down a road, when he saw a girl in a white dress standing by the road side, he pulled up to her and asked if she was OK, when she said she was stranded far away from home, when he asked where she lived and offered to give her a ride home. When they arrived at her house, the man got out of the car and walk to the house, and knocked on the door. A woman answered and he told her he had her daughter in the car, and explained what had happened. The woman replied, "You too? Thank you for bringing her... but, my daughter died in a car accident at the exact location you picked her up at many years ago..." And sure enough, when he returned to the car, it was empty, and the seat she'd been sitting in was cold like nobody had been sitting there.

The other one, although I'm English, and it's an Irish story, I do have Irish origins which is the main reason I know of this, but chances are you know of it already: the Banshee. Pretty much a wailing woman covered in black rags, who collects the souls of people when they die. I've been told one of my great grandmothers saw one above her neighbours house the night before they found her neighbour had died.

xiand666
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 16
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by xiand666 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:58 am

Cool thread! I got one ;)

A pregnant woman was sleeping in the second floor of her house one night. She had a pretty hard time falling asleep that night so she kept on dozing off and waking up. At around 3am, she opened her eyes to see a small black string dangling above her bed. Puzzled and a bit irritated by it, she got a pair of scissors and slowly cut the string, only to hear a loud scream from the rooftop and rapid footsteps which faded as a figure jumped from the roof to the ground. That morning, people came to inspect the scene to find a patch of blood on the rooftop, ground, and bloodied human footsteps which slowly morphed into an animal's paw marks.

Rumor has it that it was an "aswang" (demons who can morph into black dogs) who was on the rooftop that night. The string was its tongue; it was trying to touch the womb and suck the baby's soul, leaving the corpse to rot inside the mother's womb.

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:05 am

I swear, SE Asia has ALL the best monsters.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:31 am

I demand a topic-change to general monster/ghost stories. It could be more fun like that. \o/

But yeah, there are some good ones out there.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:59 pm

over all monsters is a good idea.....like.....the boogeyman......know one knows what he looks like but children are just afraid of him

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:47 am

star wrote:ive recently heard a nother story!! this girl was getting an illegal abortion in her basement and the doc was not a real doctor and her messed up and almost killed her so he and her friend dug a hole and burried her alive!!! she haunts that house and is abused by the evil ghost butler who died almost a century before her in that house and thinks all men are superior. i forgot the name or were i heard it (theres alot more to it but i dont think people are interested enough to here the rest)
So the girl's spirit is being abused by the "senior" ghost?? :eek:
Drango wrote:I know there are loads around the UK, but I cant remember many of them off the top of my head... At the moment, the only ones that comes to mind is these two, the first of which apparently even got made into a song here:

The man was driving down a road, when he saw a girl in a white dress standing by the road side, he pulled up to her and asked if she was OK, when she said she was stranded far away from home, when he asked where she lived and offered to give her a ride home. When they arrived at her house, the man got out of the car and walk to the house, and knocked on the door. A woman answered and he told her he had her daughter in the car, and explained what had happened. The woman replied, "You too? Thank you for bringing her... but, my daughter died in a car accident at the exact location you picked her up at many years ago..." And sure enough, when he returned to the car, it was empty, and the seat she'd been sitting in was cold like nobody had been sitting there.

The other one, although I'm English, and it's an Irish story, I do have Irish origins which is the main reason I know of this, but chances are you know of it already: the Banshee. Pretty much a wailing woman covered in black rags, who collects the souls of people when they die. I've been told one of my great grandmothers saw one above her neighbours house the night before they found her neighbour had died.
I tought dat Banshee is screaming, not wailing?
xiand666 wrote:Cool thread! I got one ;)

A pregnant woman was sleeping in the second floor of her house one night. She had a pretty hard time falling asleep that night so she kept on dozing off and waking up. At around 3am, she opened her eyes to see a small black string dangling above her bed. Puzzled and a bit irritated by it, she got a pair of scissors and slowly cut the string, only to hear a loud scream from the rooftop and rapid footsteps which faded as a figure jumped from the roof to the ground. That morning, people came to inspect the scene to find a patch of blood on the rooftop, ground, and bloodied human footsteps which slowly morphed into an animal's paw marks.

Rumor has it that it was an "aswang" (demons who can morph into black dogs) who was on the rooftop that night. The string was its tongue; it was trying to touch the womb and suck the baby's soul, leaving the corpse to rot inside the mother's womb.
I heard dat "Aswang" is a kind of vampiric creature? Is dat correct??
Caterwaul wrote:I swear, SE Asia has ALL the best monsters.
We're inviting you to come here :biggrin:
Xehn wrote:I demand a topic-change to general monster/ghost stories. It could be more fun like that. \o/

But yeah, there are some good ones out there.
Not just monsters, local urban legends is welcomed here (hey, i'm teh author of this thread, right? ;))
star wrote:over all monsters is a good idea.....like.....the boogeyman......know one knows what he looks like but children are just afraid of him
Hm... Dat's funny. I was posting yesterday, about Red Kuntilanak, but someone delete it... ^^;; Oh well... Here we go again:

As i were saying, Red Kuntilanak. She wears a deep red long sleeved blouse, & usually seen under the flyover bridge in Kuningan, Jakarta. She reveals herself to the unsuspecting car drivers under the flyover, causing them to crash due to the shock when they see her.

Still about Kuntilanak. If you ever come to Jakarta, saw some kids with thick talcum powder on their face, dat's a way to prevent the kids from being "kidnapped" by Kuntilanak (*Kidnapped by Kuntilanak is like "Kamikakushi"/spirited away). My late grandpa says, if those kid's face is white with the talcum powder, Kuntilanak won't kidnap them because she'll thinks dat those kids are similar to her (white skinned, i mean WHITE, white skin).

Then again, this phenomenon of talcum on children's face usually seen in "lower class" of society. Modern people doesn't believe this ^^;

Oh, and please, if someone's gonna delete my post, please send me a PM for the reason?? :sad: I don't get it, why??
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

xiand666
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 16
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by xiand666 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:07 am

Kuntilanak is scary, especially since I drive under quite a few flyovers on the way home at night :eek:
Storm Wing wrote: I heard dat "Aswang" is a kind of vampiric creature? Is dat correct??
Yes, they can drink blood as well, but they have quite a few variations.

Another vampiric creature/demon is called the "manananggal", derived from the word "tanggal" which means "to remove" in Tagalog. This looks like an ordinary human during the day and can even be exposed to sunlight without being harmed. However, at night, the creature splits into two (literally), leaving the lower torso and legs hidden somewhere while the upper half sprouts demon wings and flies off in search of victims.

The most effective way to kill a manananggal is to look for its lower half and pour salt all over the open torso. When the upper half comes back, it won't be able to land on the lower half, forcing it to fly around until dawn when sunlight vaporizes it.

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:13 am

Is that the one that's a flying head with hanging entrails it uses to strangle victims to death?