Gunpla Adventures

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

Klyde
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: Gunpla Adventures

Post by Klyde » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:04 am

Wow, you brought your toys to the toy store and even took pictures!. they allow that?.
Pretty funny watching the two of them interacting with each other and the other toys, especially with Thomas the train :lol:

Dremare
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: MaoChao

Post by Dremare » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Cool. So there's a Gundam shop where you are? Lucky, wish there was one here.

Tahu Metru13
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Tahu Metru13 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Klyde wrote:Wow, you brought your toys to the toy store and even took pictures!. they allow that?.
Pretty funny watching the two of them interacting with each other and the other toys, especially with Thomas the train :lol:
The guys at the hobby shop were happy to let me use their store as the backdrop of this comic. B) And that scene with Exia blocking Thomas's path is somewhat symbolic for me. Seeing toys of them (well, in Exia's case, a model kit) interacting in a picture comic reminds me of where I was ten years ago and where I am now. :)

Dremare wrote:Cool. So there's a Gundam shop where you are? Lucky, wish there was one here.
Yep. Well, it's not exactly in my home town, but it's still about a 10-minute drive away, so I guess that still counts as "where I am".
Now where did I put that Kanoka disk?

Klyde
Class C Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Klyde » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Tahu Metru13 wrote: The guys at the hobby shop were happy to let me use their store as the backdrop of this comic. B) And that scene with Exia blocking Thomas's path is somewhat symbolic for me. Seeing toys of them (well, in Exia's case, a model kit) interacting in a picture comic reminds me of where I was ten years ago and where I am now. :)

Yep. Well, it's not exactly in my home town, but it's still about a 10-minute drive away, so I guess that still counts as "where I am".
So that is what you play with when you were younger!! :eek:
Lol. Kidding.. but 10 minutes drive away is really close compared to me traveling to the regular toy shop that I go and other Toy shops which are stock full of Gunpla from floor to ceiling!. But Gunpla is a really popular thing here :rolleyes:

Tahu Metru13
Class B Shinki

Post by Tahu Metru13 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:51 am

Sorry for the massive delay. My college schoolwork has been slowing me down. However, I have Thanksgiving off, so I may be able to get at least a How To Gunpla up. That said, please hang on. I'll have an update soon. :)

Edit: I might as well show you the first Gunpla comic I ever made. This serves as a pilot episode for both Gunpla Adventures and How To Gunpla.

000: How To Gunpla:

1) Ignore my hand in that last shot. This was before I had any photoshop skills, so I couldn't crop it out.
2) Chronoligically, this takes place shortly before the event that caused Exia to lose his memory.
3) In the How To Gunpla world, this is Zako Zaku and Ricky Dom's first attempt at their show. I have yet to come up with a reason for how this ties in with the Gunpla Adventures world.

Tahu Metru13
Class B Shinki

Post by Tahu Metru13 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Christmass has come early for the How To Gunpla crew! Let's take a look at the presents Santa Gundam gave them.

Jingle Gundam Part 1: GN Archer and the Giants:

1) This comic contains several models that haven't appeared in How To Gunpla yet. As such, this episode chronoligically takes place after those episodes.

2) Both Kshatriya and Psycho Gundam will play big roles in the Gunpla Adventures storyline.

3) Sorry for the double post.

4) No new Gunpla Adventures until late next month, as I won't have access to Photoshop again until then. I'll try to keep you guys statisfied with some How To Gunpla comics in the meantime.

Tahu Metru13
Class B Shinki

Post by Tahu Metru13 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Second and last part of Jingle Gundam. Merry Christmas!

Jingle Gundam Part 2: of Hindu Rank, Unstable Persona, And Transformation:

1) I wanted the GNHW/M Arios, but my mom got me the normal one by mistake. No problem, as I can fix that myself.

2) As you'll notice, I'm treating Psycho and Kshatriya as female. I treat the gender of my mechs as the gender of their main pilots.

3) The reason why Psycho and Nobel have the same voice will be explained after Gunpla Adventures gets rolling again, though the How To Gunpla reason is because their pilots had the same American VA.

4) Yes, Gaddess is in love with Dynames. I'm blowing up the relationship Anew and Lockon had in Gundam 00 to a more comedic level.

Dremare
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: MaoChao

Post by Dremare » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Sweet. But wait, wouldn't the Dynames and Cherudim AIs be completely different, since the first Lockon was the older twin brother to the second Lockon?

Argroh Valdios
Class A Shinki
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Werkstra

Post by Argroh Valdios » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 am

ya ought to try some of the Kotobukiya kits, Super Robot Wars and Virtual ON are some good brands of bots to try out.

Tahu Metru13
Class B Shinki

Post by Tahu Metru13 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:22 pm

To Dremare: True, but in this series, it's not Lockon that there'll be two of. Still, that's in terms of Gunpla Adventures, so I wonder how the How To Gunpla situation will turn out. :maochao:

To Argroh Valdios:
Way ahead of you. Then again, maybe not... I've really been wanting the 1/144 Linebarrel for months, but haven't gotten around to actually getting it. :(

Edit: Might as well throw in a new How To Gunpla while I'm here. This takes place imediately after the Gadessa/Garazzo double build.
How To Gunpla 5th: Seravee Gundam (with a touch of Gundam Nadleeh):

1) Is this a plot spoiler for Gunpla Adventures? Read on when it starts up again to find out.

2) I'm a little unsure about that one panel. Someone let me know and, if it comes to it, I'll remove the comic if I have to.