Can't say how they'll roll with it in Gunpla Adventures, but for How To Gunpla, I think they all knew about it in advance.How To Gunpla 6th: Trans-AM Raiser (wait! That's the...!):
1) Chronologically, this is the first time the Trans-AM Raiser has appeared in picture comic form to my knowledge. The actual first-time-to-my-knowledge was in the Jingle Gundam special.
2) The new terminal (an improvement over the Wii-Mote they used to use) is a Nintendo DS Lite my mom found just lying around after my old 1st generation DS fell out of my pocket and broke. I'm surprised both still work (the 1st generation because part of the part that attatches the top screen broke, and the Lite because I have no clue what it went through).
3) This would mark the chronological first appearance of the Master Grade Exia, while its true first appearance in my comics was in the Day at the Hobby Shop interlude.
4) There may finally be a new Gunpla Adventures soon, as I'll have access to Photoshop again within the next few days (I don't have it at home, so I have to use the computers at school. As I was on break for most of January, I had no access to Photoshop at all until now).
5) Kyrios's line regarding the greatest model kit ever is not refering to the Perfect Grade 00 Raiser. These pictures were initially taken before it was even announced.