Prime Time!

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: Prime Time!

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:23 am

Notes:

-> HUUUUUUUUGE thanks to Nameless Chibi and Halconfenix for Diorama Studio support. Without you guys this update would have been not as awesome.

-> You never realize just how important the internet is until you lose it. That's really the reason I've been scarce, not the Halo Reach Beta, which I have not actually played yet.

-> Strarf is awesome, and now you know the reasons for all the cool stuff that Strarf does. JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHY SHE DID THAT DIDN'T MAKE HER A MARY SUE!

-> And, uh, there's gonna be hell to pay on the other side of that portal.

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:27 am

So......UPDATE!

Notes:

1-- Well, for starters, this really is only one half of an update. I shot this this afternoon, and am posting it now, making it the shortest turnaround on a comic update I've had in years.

2-- Strarf put Ravage in storage, BTW. I have yet to address (or decide!) the issue of whether or not he's gonna be dead.

3-- You know, I had forgotten how finicky Mecha Strarf was. It'll be okay though!

4-- I know, I said it last time, but I really mean it this time. There will be hell to pay on the other side of that portal!

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:29 am

Notes:

1. My update wasn't cool enough, so I stole some of Polenicus's panels.

2. So he stole my Strarf, and threatens to never give her back....

3. As I've said, there's hell to pay on the other side of that portal, and the MMS Devil Type just came knocking!

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:34 am

Page four, ouch! My apologies, War for Cybertron has taken command of my free time lately. Which I welcome with open arms.

Notes:

Z: This really was supposed to be a short update. But then there was more I needed to add, then more, then more. Then I needed to reshoot it. Then I needed to shoot more panels. Then I needed to rewrite it. Then I needed to play WFC. Then I needed to shoot another couple panels. Next thing I know, it's 43 panels long!

Y: How am I portraying Zeta? My prereaders understand that he's unhinged somewhat, but I just need to make sure that the casual reader sees that too. One of the complications of making a comic is that the writer and anyone who collaborates is privy to the underlying plots and structures that make it work, and sometimes I forget that most of that is hidden to a casual reader.

X: Also, I'm reflecting back on events that happened a year and a half ago, BTW. Remember when I did that crossover with puppylove? And that's when I introduced Saber? And she and Mk-II were always facing off? That's what Zeta's referring too.

W: Link here: Crossover: Prime Time!/ puppylove comic silliness! :D - a set on Flickr

V: And, I'm rambling, because I've been feeling kinda unwell, and have a severe lack of, not just sleep itself, but of the ability to sleep.

U: I also want to point out, when I grabbed Mk-II off my desk to use in this update, he was still holding the darksaber, in the very same pose as the last time we saw him. He had fallen over in the year or more since, but remained virtually untouched. The beamsabers don't stay very well on the ExMSiA Gundam Mk-II, and in that last shot, he's supposed to have a white one on the left mount, and the blue one on the right mount. Use your imagination, my next update will go like they were always there.

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:36 am

Notes:

A: So, I moved last week. And, I lost my job three days later. So, I haven't had time OR internet lately. I'm at the public library now, playing Flash games, reading quantum theory, a little job hunting, and basically just being a drain on resources. This update is only 13 panels, but I figured, due to my constraints, I should drop it anyhow. My previewers agreed.

B: And thus begins the Dark Energy Crisis, which has been in the planning stage for well over a year. I hope it doesn't too badly.

C: *sigh* Page four. I think that's where my comic lives.

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:37 am

Notes:

Eins: Sorry that this took so long to make. I have been so preoccupied with left-brain activities that I feel that I'm starting to starve to death my right brain. Maybe this is why so many adults lose their imagination?

Zwei: This update seems short, partly because it is, and partly because there's very little dialogue. I decided that Dark Mk-II would be better served as a silent butcher. As a result, the update takes on a pseudo-surrealist horror film take.

Drei: Also because, as I mentioned, I'm kinda fried, and the screams of the Coalition members fell of deaf ears, and thus did not get written down.

Vier: Really, what drove this update is that the other day I made that Matrix in Bryce 3D. After I did that, I HAD to get it out there.

Fünf: I'll start working on the next update, I hope to have it out sooner. Wish me luck!

Sechs: Oh! I almost forgot! I started a support group for TFW Comic Addicts! Find it here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/groups/tf ... ymous.html

Seiben: ....and I have nothing, it's just fun to pronounce seiben!

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:40 am

Huomautuksia:

Yksi: Again, sorry it took so long, I've been really busy. I keep trying to find a job, but it's not happening yet. I'd tell you guys about all the stuff that's going on in my life, but while I appreciate the sympathies, I'm actually doing well and wouldn't need them so much.

Kaksi: The last four panels was literally an eleventh hour change. It was originally a weak line where Landmine makes a pithy attempt to get Arnval to come as well. I ran the whole things past my peers, they liked it, I uploaded it, and had copied ALL the links into this reply, and then, suddenly, my muse comes by and says, "Hey! Listen!" And I'm all, "Shut up, Muse!" But it continues, "It would be cooler if you did this instead."

So I did.

Kolme: In the process, however, I did lose a panel that had a quote from The Sandlot. Oh well.

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:45 am

Notes:

!: First of all, this is my first update made using my Wacom Intuos3 tablet. I love it more and more every day.

@: Second, I wanna say, as I do every time I get to one of these millennial landmarks, that this comic has been out of control, for something that was initially meant to go for 200 panels max.

#: Mikuru's sequence in this update is inspired by the scene in the G1 episode where Optimus manually transforms Megatron. It's also inspired by the two-page spread in War Within where Grimlock goes the entire spread saying a different two letter sound in every panel.

$: And........Swindle!

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:46 am

Notes:

1. Just, uhhh, doing what I can to show that my comic and WaP have more in common than you think. Actually, I'd be willing to bet that some questions you have about Scourge and his brothers could be answered by reading my comic. And visa versa, of course.

2. I love that spark effect that Polenicus made, so I made my own! Thanks Pol!

3. This is required background reading, and it will be on the test.

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:48 am

Notes:

Z: Coolhand, this one goes out to you!

Y: The eyes during Mindwipe's mind wipe? That's a hint for you guys.

X: Again, many thanks to Polenicus for letting me blatantly abuse his ideas!