Warring At Play

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: Warring At Play

Post by Polenicus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:45 pm

New splash page

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 pm

Yay! You're back! I missed you! Now if only Prime Time would resume as well!

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Well, it's that time of year again.

Domain and website lease renewal time!

Ugh.

Between taxes, car expenses, and renewing my security license, these last couple of months have been a bit tight. I've already dropped attending Anime North from my plans, and attending TFCon this year isn't looking good either. As much as I hate to do this, especially in the wake of people donating to the much worthier Japan Earthquake/Tsunami relief fund, I'm gonna hafta ask for those of you with a little extra this April to maybe kick a couple of bucks my way.

I especially hate doing this because I don't feel I've EARNED it, what with my indulgence into Parallax at the expense of the main story. HOWEVER, I will make a deal with you all to sweeten the pot.

1. Those who donate $5 or more will receive a special exclusive side story to Warring At Play, that will detail the full story of what happened after the ends of the Crate War to Landmine and his friends, and how he met Bright Feather. This side story will be published in PDF format, and will NOT be posted on the main site.

2. If donations this year reach or exceed $500, I will create a new page for Parallax on the main website, and continue the story concurrently with Warring at Play. I will also attend TFCon and meet with any TFWers there who want to meet me. I will bring characters from WaP, and even do a comic on site at the hotel.

3. Regardless of donations (Meaning even if I don't get a PENNY) I will start doing requests for tutorials, starting now. What tutorial would you like me to post? What secret of mine do you want me to reveal?

So, that's the lowdown. For those awaiting WaP's return, the next update is already shot, it's just waiting for me to finish up Parallax (Which is effects heavy. There are a couple of updates left for it, the next one is almost ready).

I'm sorry for being that annoying guy on the digital streetcorner begging. Since Google has yanked my ads, I really have no other way of offsetting my website costs. If you can help, it would be appreciated. If you can't, then that's fine. And if you just want me to shut up and make comics... I'm on it ^^

Laters.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:51 pm

Parallax? What's that?

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:33 pm

And just for a special treat for you all, here's a guest comic, by TFW's Proxima, and friends Monica and Kim!

Warring At Play
GAIDEN

Notes:

1. Since Proxima and I regularly trade toys, and since her collecting is almost entirely my fault, her comic 'reality' can be considered to be linked to mine. And she already has a few refugees from my comic reality.

2. This is Proxima's first attempt at a comic. The explosions I did because I've lagged on doing an updated tutorial, but the rest is hers.

3. This will be posted on the main site shortly. I will create a special page especially for guest comics. This means that, yes, if others want to do a guest comic, I will consider it.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:45 pm

blade_anime wrote:Parallax? What's that?
It's a sidestory I have running on the WaP site before Chapter 5 starts. Here, check it out, here's the start of it:
Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
I didn't post them here because there are no Shinki's involved, and I wasn't sure if this community would have any interest.

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Polenicus wrote:
1. Since Proxima and I regularly trade toys, and since her collecting is almost entirely my fault, her comic 'reality' can be considered to be linked to mine. And she already has a few refugees from my comic reality.
Does that mean there will be Dark Transformers lurking around her comic as well?

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Oh god, too many of those have been popping up..... Don't get me wrong, they're interesting, it's just that two comics having them is enough for me.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:43 am

Alright, time for me to post something in my own damn thread, isn't it?

Parallax is done, and there will be a GINORMOUS update Friday to finish it off. I'll be setting it up with its own subpage on the site, as well as Gaiden, and after you've read all of it I'll be running a poll to see if it should continue.

But I DO have something for you NOW. Here's a little teaser of what the people who donate to WaP in 2011 are going to get:

In much higher resolution, and in PDF format, of course.

Just so you know I haven't been sitting on my hands.

(And yes, there will be Shinki in this :p )

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Very nice.
Also, about the Chapter 5 splash page you put up a while ago-That Strarf in the center...is that the WaP Strarf, or CI's Strarf? or is she both?