Warring At Play

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: Warring At Play

Post by Xehn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:04 pm

multiply the canvas length by the number of panels you want to include, then paste them in individually.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 pm

I'll keep that in mind for my own use. Small note, but Howling's launcher is more of a rocket launcer than a laser cannon. Except for its skill, which essentially shoots a ball of lightning. You could have it have multiple firing options I suppose. After all, it does have the two different barrels if you look closely. I really have to stop procrastinating and get started on both my photo comic and my actual web comic. The latter is honestly unlikely to happen though. I'm thinking of having a setting that's almost like a cross between this and Prime Time. And last night, I was starting to wish that I had the revoltech Woody, that thing is practically made to be a photocomic pervert. But the photocomic should work fine. I have loads of crap around my house from various rummage sales and purchases over the years. Any tips on posing the shinkis? Getting them to stand up in a pose can be hell.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:12 am

On time this time!

UPDATE!

(As previous stated, you'll have to click the image below to view it)

Notes:

1. And here it is, the first CURRENT update on the website! Uploading the entire archive took MONTHS, but now everytthing is up to date, and new updates will be posted solely there. You can comment there, or here on the forums, but be aware that comments have to be approved on the site. I have problems with spammers.

2. The last three panels were taken with a new camera, testing it out. I didn’t really need one, but it’s good to have a backup, and I worry about my trusty Kodak dying on me one day.

3. Grimlock kicks unreserved ass in this one. It’s sorta fun him showing his smart, tactical side rather than just being able to brute force his way through… though once Hulk is down he goes right back to smashing faces in. Though that kick was pure Saber.

4. Just for clarification? Grimlock is actually standing on Cap’s FACE there.

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by Ninth » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:09 pm

Think you got enough references to Re: Your Brains in there?
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:31 pm

cool update and congrats on getting your site completed.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:42 pm

*Applause* Very good! Very good! I should be starting my own photo comic any day now. Unless I don't feel motivated. And I need to think up a name. And learn to use photoshop. That one's important, any tips?

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:40 am

blade_anime wrote:*Applause* Very good! Very good! I should be starting my own photo comic any day now. Unless I don't feel motivated. And I need to think up a name. And learn to use photoshop. That one's important, any tips?
Well make sure you've got all the materials you need. The bare minimum are as follows:

Digital camera (Duh! Cell phone cameras won't do, because you can't put a cell phone on a tripod)
Tripod (VITAL! Doesn't matter if it's a cheap dollar store mini tripod, but you need something to hold the camera still for the shots, or you will NEVER have clear ones)
Photoshop or GIMP
Computer (Double Duh!)

You want to start off by taking some practice shots, learn your camera settings. Your camera should have a Macro setting - Make sure you use it! This should also disable the flash. If not, disable it manually. Manually set your ISO to 100 (Prevents graininess). With these settings, you will NEED the tripod to get clear shots, but the results will be well worth it. Depending on your lighting, you might need to play with the exposure setting. Typically when taking a shot, take the same shot two or three times with different exposure settings to ensure you get at least one good one to use.

Once your comfortable with the settings, take some shots to use to practice effects. Depends what you want to use, but I recommend going to http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... hread.html and browsing that threat for tutorials. Also, lots of tutorials online. Browse through them, then try them out on the shots you've taken. Get comfortable with the effects you want. Glow effects, explosions, flight effects and motion blurs are your basics.

Then outline your story idea... figure out your first story arc before you start making your comic, at least. You want to know where you're starting and where you're going, because retrofitting such things is difficult and not always successful. Basically same rules as any writing.

Then, just make sure you can update regularly.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks for the advice!

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:01 am

It's that time again!

UPDATE!

Click on the image above to go to the full comic
Notes:

1. Howling needed some Badass Cred. I think she earned it here.

2. I’m kinda proud at how Torch’s ‘Flame On’ effect looks… and just like Venom’s webbing effect, I’m NEVER GONNA USE IT AGAIN. Damnit…

3. The Invisible Air effects were provided very kindly by Chaos Incarnate and his magical mystical Wacom tablet.

4. To the first person who used my 'Donate' button, you have my heartfelt thanks. Your extremely generous donation will go to keeping this site running!

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:06 am

That was sweet! An excellent combo from Saber and Howling.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.