Warring At Play

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Warring At Play

Post by Hylian Pirate » Sat May 29, 2010 12:54 am

This is just... wow, man. This is why I imagine Pol would be a cool guy to hang out with. The actual story update was great, but I'm still stuck on the Power Rangers spoof at the get-go. You could be dangerous if you let yourself do random, non WaP-related Humor, you know?

Anyway, the real driving force behind the WaP universe is revealed, and it's awesome. This whole "our world affects your world affects our world..." thing opens up endless possibilities. I can't wait to see what the main cast is up to. With so many plot lines it's easy to leave us hanging with things like Mur's experiments and Arnval's condition.

But now, there's one little thing that bugs me, and this is Shinki general, rather than WaP-specific: Why do people leave Maochao and Howling's headgear on? It's one thing when they're fully armored, but I've always thought it looked pretty ridiculous without the rest of the getup. I mean their heads are so huge already! It just seems so... unbalanced... like either of them could fall over from the weight of their massive heads and wind up dragging it around until some kind soul comes along to help them out.

But I digress! Looking forward to the inevitable epic battle between the Marvel 'bots and the Badlands crew! Keep rockin' the free world, Pol!

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Sat May 29, 2010 1:22 am

Hylian Pirate wrote:Why do people leave Maochao and Howling's headgear on?
It's the ears.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Hylian Pirate wrote:This is just... wow, man. This is why I imagine Pol would be a cool guy to hang out with. The actual story update was great, but I'm still stuck on the Power Rangers spoof at the get-go. You could be dangerous if you let yourself do random, non WaP-related Humor, you know?
Heh, thanks. I've considered it, but time constraints limit me. I'm thoroughly addicted to telling my little story here, and I'm loathe to allocate any time away from it.
Hylian Pirate wrote:Anyway, the real driving force behind the WaP universe is revealed, and it's awesome. This whole "our world affects your world affects our world..." thing opens up endless possibilities. I can't wait to see what the main cast is up to. With so many plot lines it's easy to leave us hanging with things like Mur's experiments and Arnval's condition.
I'll try not to leave TOO many danglers. There is going to be a rather large convergence when all of this comes together.
Hylian Pirate wrote:But now, there's one little thing that bugs me, and this is Shinki general, rather than WaP-specific: Why do people leave Maochao and Howling's headgear on?
I tried doing the poses without the headgear, and... it just didn't look right. Howling... MY Howling, is characterized a lot by her tendency to hide her eyes under the edge of her helmet, and she just didn't look quite right without it. It's what I get for departing so dramatically from her intended characterization (I'm guilty of that with Saber, too)
Hylian Pirate wrote:But I digress! Looking forward to the inevitable epic battle between the Marvel 'bots and the Badlands crew! Keep rockin' the free world, Pol!
Oh, I shall!

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:05 am

UPDATE!

Notes:

1. I thought this update wasn't going to be big enough. This just shows how warped my perceptions are these days.

2. For those uncertain what's going on with Divebomb and Scourge, re-read the Crate War arc, specifically the fight between Divebomb and Wreckage.

3. The only reason I initially used Gerwalk Brawl is to facilitate Hot Rod's little acrobatic maneuver. But, in retrospect? It's actually a really neat fan mode.

4. Confused yet? My pre-readers were.

5. Be sure to read Prime Time to fully understand what's going on.

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:49 am

Bravo, Bravo. A Misunderstanding has lead to quiet a opening act, but not the pieces are being set and everything is being set into motion. I wonder how Brawl and Strarf are going to fair against Autobot Strarf and Hot Rod. This is going to be an interesting turn of events.

Now then, where did the unlikely four run off to? Chasing after shadows and false data perhaps?

Also, did Hot Rod just pull a Kup?

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:42 am

Shoot first, interrogate the survivors later. That ALWAYS works, right? :D

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Strarf vs Strarf: now this is gonna be a juicy fight. I've gotta echo NC's concerns though. What did happen to this group. Do we just assume they didn't make it? I... I really wanted to see Bright Feather come out of that alive (and possibly nursing Springer and Arcee back to health). I read enough of Prime Time to recognize that Strarf setup. This begs the question: When are our Arnval and Strarf gonna get the Tranche 2 and bis treatments?

And hey, Wreckage, though Decepticon, was totally working for the forces of good during the crate battle. I think we're gonna see Divebomb either switch sides or develop this dual personality. Because let's face it: he's going after that spark. The cat's away, so the bird is gonna play.

Also, doesn't this qualify as a Mega-Update? It feels pretty huge...

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by Ninth » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Brawl wrote:AUUUURRGHH!!! GRRRAAAGH!! GRRRAAAAHH!!!
Why is this so amusing?
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:56 pm

:eek:

great update pol :thumb
I can't wait for more

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:59 am

UPDATE!

Notes:

1. Bleh, not entirely happy with the fire effects on this one.

2. Just for reference, Hot Rod wasn't stabbing into Brawl's head, he was stabbing into the space behind his head. Hard to see with all the sparks and such.

3. Brawl's ground slam move brought to you by the Karma Charger. Abandon your team in Left 4 Dead 2, and the Karma Charger makes sure you get what's coming to you!

4. I know this comic is shorter than most have been lately. Combat scenes require a lot of effects, and that slows things down a bit.