Warring At Play

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

lewa224
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: not sure

Re: Warring At Play

Post by lewa224 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:46 pm

thanks for the awesome update, almost cried when barry was knighted, can't wait to see the brawl brigade in action, oh and congratulations for such an awesome comic.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Still no update.

BUT!!

Those who have been begging for downloadable PDFs of the series, rejoice!

LizRandom has toiled long and hard, working her fingers to the bone many thankless hours in the PDF mines to produce these gems for you! The first two Chapters complete and ready for download!

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Time to kick off this new chapter!

UPDATE!

Notes:

1. I love how MP Megatron looks on a throne. I think I've said this before. but still... I want to see a fan company create a custom throne for MP Megatron to sit on. Come on FansProject, JustiToys, iGear... wait... no, not iGear. They'd just come up with a fantastic design, then produce something that was complete unworkable garbage. Or just knock off a throne from something else and resize it.

2. I know the tone of this still isn't back to the normal mix, but it'll take some time to pull things out of the mire of Chapter 3 without it being jarring. And things need to be properly set up for the fun that will be Chapter 4!

3. I used to perceive Scourge's door 'flaps' as just useless kibble, but lately as his role shifts more and more into 'Dark Lord of the Sith' territory, I'm perceiving them more and more like parts of a cloak, and posing them as such. He just photographs so dark compared to every other figure in the comic, I could really see him pulling off the cloak look.

4. My poor mouse is about to give up the ghost. you have no idea how frustrating it is to try and photoshop when clicking the mouse button once can result in 0-3 clicks as far as the computer is concerned.

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:39 pm

:eek:
whatta update. It is nice to see that Ratchet made it ok. Hopefully he'll be able to get some of the Autobots in stasis and Arnval running back up. After Mur's discussion with Megatron I'm not trusting Mur too much right now. I think she is up to something... As for the tone of your comic, it has always had some darker overtones (genocide is pretty grim no matter how you tell it) so don't worry too much if your strip seems too dark, it is good and that is what keeps people coming back.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Sorry for the delay guys, but I've been clearing out weirdly dressed guys from my attic.

While I was up there, I found this:

Notes:

1. Big big update. Was not aware it would come out so large when I planned it.

2. No combat, but lots of effects. Still, they were fun. I've been wanting to do Camshaft's 'Sherlock Scan' for a while.

3. Eukrante is really meant to fly around. She's like.... the Gundam Fairy. Leave a Zaku head under your pillow, and she'll leave wangst for all the good little boy and girl Gundam pilots.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Yay. You have Eukrante. Her lil' rant to Primus should restore confidence in himself even if it's a bit.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Polenicus wrote:Sorry for the delay guys, but I've been clearing out weirdly dressed guys from my attic.
If you are finding that in your attic, you should probably move...
:P

great update. good thing Prime has Euk to help him out...

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by Ninth » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:05 am

Really, really liking this interpretation of Eukrante.

I was a bit curious as well, as to whether the Autobots would treat the fallen crate-Cons with the same dignity they give their own.

Robotic holocaust was super bad news, but the Decepticons recovering the weapons isn't actually so terrible. They already enjoy such superior numbers and so many force multipliers, the new arsenal is just redundant.
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 pm

On the topic of limited funds, I am currently pondering my yearly pilgrimage to Anime North, in May. I've discovered all of the hotels for the convention this year pretty much sold out at the end of AN 2009 last year. Which isn't so much an obstacle in and of itself, as I always manage something, but it means the convention is getting uncomfortably huge.

I go to this convention primarily to visit friends. But there's another convention in Toronto, in the very same hotel. TFCon, in July.

Just out of curiosity, how many of my readers are going to TFCon? Is it a convention that is 'destination worthy', since I'll be coming from Edmonton?

There's something else I do around here, other than start arguments of Gundam vs. Kamen Rider, and ask opinions on conventions, what was it?

Oh yeah!

UPDATE!

Notes:

1. The corridor was a bigger pain to do than I thought it would be. I don't normally ask for aid of any type, but if someone wants to buy me a few more Chain Bases? It would make my life SO much easier.

2. I kinda felt like this update should have been longer, but you guys have been waiting long enough. I've been snagging some OT, so if this update feels a little light, that's why.

3. Poor Optimus... he's so chipped and beat up, and it shows in the pictures... but it just seems to be part of his character to me now.

lewa224
MMS Naked
Favorite MMS/Shinki: not sure

Post by lewa224 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Finally caught up, and a lot of things happened, i'm the most interested in scourge brothers (so basically scourge is from another reality?) and seeing if a suitable donor for arnval arrives, as always thanks for the update