Backgrounds? and other inquiries before I begin.

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Re: Backgrounds? and other inquiries before I begin.

Post by OHWceta » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:14 pm

In my Comic the figures will all be human sized living in a near-Earth world only being a huge mix of of various anime and videogame universes, mostly sepperated by location. Like I'll have Net City for my Megaman figures; Neotopia, Ark, and Lacroa for my SD Gundams, and Z city of course for the main location of the comic, Mostly using my Dragonball Z figures and Busou Shinki Figures, with a mix of random other figures I don't have a full collection of to populate a good portion of thier own community. Then of course the deserts and forests between the towns during traveling bits.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:06 am

OHWceta wrote:Ancient as in a line of figures representing ancient character or ancient as in old figures like from the 80's?
I have TONS of old figures, I'm a horder, I'll be using loads of the original Bandai DBZ figures, though early 90's is about as far back as I go toy wise (I do have the ORIGINAL power ranger command center to use as a location prop.) Oh, and my 1986 Transformers Broadside figure.

But like for a battle underwater I'll need a background image of a Coral Reef, or if they fight in space, Earth or some similar planet, ect.
I'll probably use my room in the misc. comic relief bits I'll throw in between new parts of the story.

BTW, where do you guys get the images hosted? DA doesn't allow hotlinking, and photobucket has a limit (which wouldn't be a problem until I have to start deleting older posts to allow room for the new ones, and then new readers can't look up old posts to catch up (or figure out some of the frequently recurring inside jokes).

Sorry it took me a while. I forgot to subscribe to this forum. Anyway, what I mean by ancient is mid 80's. Ever heard of the show The Centurions? Yeah. It be them and Shinki's vs ... TO BE DETERMINED!
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 am

There is a nifty topic about using photoshop to cut and paste stuff somewhere on this site.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:06 pm

I got that down, my questions now are about permission to use certain images and image hosting.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Deviant Anomaly
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Post by Deviant Anomaly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:29 am

Benio already answered your question about the use of others' images/photographs.
Technically, you should give credit to whomever took the picture and should ask for their permission to use it.
Of course, there's the courtesy factor. However it could also become a legal issue under copyright law if you do not ask permission beforehand.

As for image hosting, you can find a variety of sites offering different types of service through a Google search.